Friday, March 31, 2006

Overheard on the Road: University of Waterloo

Guy #1: When I was younger I entered a contest for the TV show Family Matters. They had kids send in a videotape of themselves doing a Steve Urkel impression, and they picked the best ones to be on the show. I didn't win, but I got an autographed photo of Jaleel White and an iron-on patch.
Guy #2: That's cooler than being on the show!
Guy #1: No it's not! It was like a dream sequence, and they had a whole bunch of kids all dressed up like Steve Urkel. I suppose it didn't help that I was white. They had a white girl on there, though. My mom sent it in ... she made me think I could actually win.

-- overheard by a Western grad in Waterloo

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Western grad... in Waterloo... this has to be an April Fools joke.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless he/she was serving fries.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha Totally remember that episode and contest!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home