Wednesday, July 27, 2005

"Mackenzie King" / "Mackenzie, King"... It's all so similar...

TA: Sooo, can anyone tell me what the major audience of newspapers in Canada was in the 1820s - 1830s?
Blonde MIT girl: Oh, the elites... you know, like, ummm, like the Canadian royalty!
TA: .... Ummm, I don't think there was any royalty IN Canada in the 1830s... I was thinking more along the lines of merchants? Or, umm, lawyers?
Girl: Oh... Yeah, them too.

-- History of Communications tutorial, overheard by Steph

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gee, a dumb MIT student? How original. I'm sure this lack of historical knowledge pleases Mr Tim "wearing a poppy means you're a warmongerer" Blackmore.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the above comment reminds me of the gazette circa 03-04.

it was like that brief period when kim campbell was prime minister...no one was really sure if it was a joke, but we all went along with it anyways.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home